- Our Fall foliage tour took place Saturday October 10th. 28 people and 18 cars left Avon, toured 144 miles with stops in Pultney on Keuka Lake for lunch, followed by wine tasting at Hunt Country Vineyards and beer tasting at Nedloh’s Microbrew in Bloomfield. By all accounts everyone had a good time, and Congrats to Sharon for winning the free lunch in the Sign game, with an almost perfect score of 280.
- Sunday November 1st we have been invited to visit Mike Claprood’s new garage/mancave in Elmira NY. He will have munchies available, then dinner at a local restaurant he highly recommends. Even if we can’t drive the LBC’s, it’ll be a good opportunity to get together as a group for a day on the road.
- November 8thwill be a brunch at the Rochester Yacht Club. Anne Faust has info coming in this issue of the Spokes as well as the October edition, and will have a signup sheet at the October meeting.
- Our Christmas party is right around the corner for December 19th. It will be held at Rick’s Prime Rib in Chili. It is a buffet this year, and a signup sheet is on the table this meeting and November meeting, and announcements in the October and November Spokes. Last day to sign up will be December 12th. There will be no December meeting in lieu of the Holiday Party.
- I know it’s still 2015, but it’s not too early to think of activities for next year. If you have an idea for an event or a tour, please get in touch with me or Maggie. We both appreciate all of you who have volunteered to host or co-ordinate an event, and we see no reason for us to change how things are done. We much prefer to be coordinators, rather than directors.
Respectfully submitted – Mike and Maggie Robinson